244W-Lunch Atop a Skyscraper
New York Construction Workers Lunching on a
Crossbeam is a famous photograph taken by Charles C. Ebbets during construction
of the GE Building at Rockefeller Center in 1932. The photograph depicts 11 men
eating lunch, seated on a girder with their feet dangling hundreds of feet
above the New York City streets. Ebbets took the photo on September 29, 1932,
and it appeared in the New York Herald Tribune in its Sunday photo supplement
on October 2.
|232W-We Love Terrorists
sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Philadelphia. You
are probably outraged at the thought of such and inflammatory statement;
however we are a society that holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty.
After all it is just a sign. You might ask what kind of business would dare post
such a sign.
A funeral home! (Who said morticians have no sense of humor?) You gotta love
it! God Bless America!
228W-Low Care Health Care
Top 10 indicators that you have been switched to a
low cost health care plan.
(10) Your annual breast exam is done at Hooters.
(9) Directions to your doctor's office include "Take a left when you enter
the trailer park."
(8) The tongue depressors taste faintly of
(7) The only proctologist in the plan is "Gus" from
(6) The only item listed under Preventative Care Coverage is "an apple a
(5) Your primary care physician is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last
patient is responsible for 200% of out-of-network charges," is not a
(3) The only expense covered 100% is
(2) Your Prozac comes in different colors with
little M's on them.
NUMBER ONE SIGN YOU'VE JOINED A VERY CHEAP HEALTH CARE PLAN:
(1) You ask for Viagra and they give you a Popsicle stick and duct tape!
658W-Bubba Had Shingles
I'm writing you this letter to tell you that I'm leaving you for good. I've been a good woman to you for seven years and I have nothing to show for it. These last two weeks have been hell. Your boss called to tell me that you had quit your job today and that was the last straw. Last week, you came home and didn't notice that I had gotten my hair and nails done, cooked your favorite meal and even wore a brand new negligee.
You came home and ate in two minutes, and went straight to sleep after watching the game. You don't tell me you love me anymore, you don't touch me or any thing. Either you're cheating or you've lost your interest in sex, whatever the case is, I'm gone. P.S. If you're trying to find me, don't. Your BROTHER and I are moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It's true that you and I have been married for seven years, although a good woman is a far cry from what you've been. I watch sports so much to try to drown out your constant nagging. Too bad that doesn't work. I did notice when you cut off all of your hair last week, the first thing that came to mind was "You look just like a man!" My mother raised me to not say anything if you can't say anything nice. When you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY BROTHER, because I stopped eating pork seven years ago. I went to sleep on you when you had on that new negligee because the price tag was still on it. I prayed that it was a coincidence that my brother had just borrowed fifty dollars from me that morning and your negligee was $49.99.
After all of this, I still loved you and felt that we could work it out.
So when I discovered that I had hit the lotto for ten million dollars, I quit my job and bought us two tickets to Jamaica. But when I got home you were gone. Everything happens for a reason I guess. I hope you have the filling life you always wanted. My lawyer said with your letter that you wrote, you won't get a dime from me. So take care. P.S. I don't know if I ever told you this but Carl, my brother was born Carla. I hope that's not a problem.
Signed Rich As Hell and Free!
A Blonde enters a store that sells curtains.
She tells the salesman, "I would like to buy a pair of pink curtains."
The salesman assures her that they have a large selection of pink curtains.
He shows her several patterns, but the blonde seems to be having a hard time choosing.
Finally she selects a lovely pink floral print. The salesman then asks what size curtains she needs.
The blonde promptly replies, "fifteen inches."
"Fifteen inches???" asked the salesman. "That sounds very small, what room are they for?"
The blonde tells him that they aren't for a room, they are for her computer monitor.
The surprised salesman replies, "But Miss, computers do not need curtains!"
The blonde says, "Hellllooooooooo ... I've got Windoooooows!"
7W-WORLD'S EASIEST QUIZ
(Passing requires 4 correct answers)
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
Check your answers below!
Scroll Down to get the
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get catgut? Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange, of course.
What do you mean you failed?
Pass this on to all your brilliant friends ... I just did!